Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Woollahra







First published Feb 7, 2012

Woollahra

The tree-lined streets of Woollahra have fabulous names such as Jersey Road, Spicer St, Ocean Ave, Queen St. The store fronts are subtle, and driving past, you only clue in to the fact that you are in the middle of a lovely shopping district once you spot a great store front such as Terrace.  Terrace is chock-a-block with gorgeous alfresco items necessary for outdoor living.  Clean, fresh prints in bright beautiful colors are just what you need to taking your interior decorating sense outside!

Along with high end fashion, there are some more reasonable priced stores... Simon Johnson for gourmet ingredients, The Bay Tree for homewares, Victor Churchill butcher  (as one chef called it... the Tiffany's of butcher shops). There's also the classy Jo Malone shop, should you feel like splashing out on some pricey scents!

My all time favorite, however, is the Donna Hay General Store. If they let me drag in a sleeping bag and live there, I would. A general store in the front, a bakery in the back... and just when you think you've seen it all, there's more upstairs.  The last time I was in there, they took my coffee request upon arrival.  Having just had one, I was loathe to say no!  I hope it's on offer next time!  As usual, I drooled over the paper products and bakeware.  But this time, there are new products to oggle... the enamelware line.  I've been a fan of enamelware for a while now, and had even designed a few pieces in my head!  So when I saw Donna Hay had come out with a line, I was excited.  Seeing the items in store only made me want them all!  Not sure which to buy first... the set of bowls?  The roaster?  The mini pie plates?  Perhaps when I move in, I can try them all!

No comments: