Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Curl Curl

 
 



 
 
 
First published May 22, 2012

Beach so nice they named it twice!  I am very much of the mentality that if you have to run a boooring errand... such as picking up spare car parts at the smash shop, then you have to balance it out with something enjoyable.  Such was the case with Curl Curl on a late afternoon last week.  After picking up some used car parts at a scrap yard in Brookvale, I popped over to the beach. The autumn sun is setting around 5pm these days, so it's easy to take a sneaky side trip over to the beach to watch the sun set!  I will never tire of watching the waves and drinking in that salty sea air.  I had been taking pictures of waves.. again.. when I turned around to move back from the incoming surf.  That's when I saw the sun setting just over the dunes.  Turning around again, I could see the setting sun turning the clouds on the horizon a soft pink.  If I hadn't had to stop in at the car yard, I would have missed out on this beautiful evening!  Have to make lemonade out of life's lemons ;)  (Bonus points for getting the pun!)

No comments: