Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week Seven




First published Nov 19, 2012

Week Seven; we studied tertiary color... combining two secondary colors in steps to see what colors were created, then added white to step down the colors yet again.

In the meantime, I had another assignment to complete.  We were to design a bag for an imaginary boutique using all the techniques we had learned so far.  I had liked the colors we created in the tertiary class, and thought to make something to do with baking.

Around this time, my friend Heather posted an update on wedding flowers and cake.  When I left BC, I left behind some very talented friends.  Heather is a talented graphic artist... I think that's what I could label you as, Heather?  Patty is a talented baker, and makes lovely wedding cakes and other party treats.  After reading this blog post on the beautiful wedding, I thought to use Patty as my fantasy client!  Her company name is Patty's Patisserie... so thought the obvious color would be pink!  (Hence using the pretty pink and complementary colors from the desert palette.)  Since the name is slightly French, I attempted to give it some French flair.  It's not perfect by any means, but I am quite happy to be advancing in baby steps!

(If you live in Vancouver and need a wedding cake, wedding flowers or any other treats... let me know and I would be happy to connect you with them!)

No comments: