Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week Five

 




First published Oct 27, 2012

After working on iPhone cover ideas all week, all my pathetic sketches ended up in the garbage can. I went off to school feeling quite discouraged. I wasn't in the classroom two minutes before one woman voiced my very thoughts... second-guessing herself and tossing out her sketches. Someone else walked in a couple of minutes later and said the same thing again.  A room full of artists... it is nice to know I am not alone!

This week's lesson was on chroma reduction... taking a primary color and adding grey to it bit by bit.  I chose yellow for something different, and loved the results.  We then had to come up with an 8cmx8cm design and paint it with the colors from the chroma palette.  I chose the scales of a pineapple... and for my first design, I am quite happy with the results.  Maybe I can move on from stick figures after all.

No comments: