Monday, August 19, 2013

The Upper Crust



First published Feb 4, 2012
The Upper Crust - 1003 Pittwater Road, Collaroy, NSW
One wall in the shop is covered with signatures of happy customers.  One, from Canada (not mine!) read... "Came from Canada, just for the pies"... to which I could only reply a hearty "Amen"!  These yummy pies have numerous gourmet fillings... Beef Burgundy, Tandoori Lamb, Mexican Curry.  My favorite used to be Chicken, Avocado and Brie.  One time I went to order it, they were out... so I tried the chicken and asparagus.  I do believe I have a new fave!
Grab your pie, drink and dessert... the dessert display is well stocked with lamington's, Neenish tarts and caramel slice... and take a seat at one of the tables out the front, or a bench off to the side.  Or you can always take it to nearby Collaroy, Long Reef or Narrabeen beach.



No comments: