Monday, August 26, 2013

Lesson 3 - Intermixed Complementary Colors

 





First published Jan 10, 2013

You may recall the color wheel from Week 1 back in the Intro course.  This lesson was to take the complementary colors (opposite one another on the color wheel), gradually mix them together, then add white to tint them.  I chose Mid Purple and Brilliant Yellow, and Process Cyan and Mid Orange.  I love the plums and pinks that come up with the first combination, and the gorgeous greens and aquas that come up in the second combination.  It was so neat to slowly add the colors and see how it would change.

Then I was to find an image to best represent these two combinations.  I searched for over an hour and the images below were the best I could find so far.  I may come across some more varied tones down the road, but for now, these will do.

So the greeting card needs to be painted with one of these palettes and an image from the stylization lesson.  I had drawn the stork to use a new baby greeting card, but still not settled on it.  Something will eventuate... must have patience with the creative process!

No comments: