Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Biennale at Cockatoo























First published Aug 20, 2012

Sometimes when you read the blurb on a piece of art, it looks like words were cut and pasted directly out of a Latin thesaurus! Even if I don't always understand the concept the artist is trying to convey through a piece of art, I do appreciate how art makes me feel. The Bienneale of Sydney is currently being held at a few venues around town. Cockatoo Island holds the largest number of pieces. The warehouse space lends itself perfectly to the large art installations. The old industrial site is in itself a tangible piece of living art. I had better watch out, or I am going to start sounding like an art blurb myself! Biennale of Sydney runs till 16th September. Free ferries run from Circular Quay every 45 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends. Go to http://bos18.com/ for further info.
Oh yes... and do not leave your SIM card for your SLR in your computer and home and have to use your iPhone, such as yours truly!  What would we do without smart phones though!?

No comments: