Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week Five Cont'd

 



First published Nov 1, 2012

In the class lesson for shadow palette in week five, it took a while to shade the primary yellow with grey to get a range of color chips. Since I was a bit confused, I decided to have another go, this time mixing grey with red.  I added grey to the red for a few paint chips, then I added red to the grey for a few paint chips, and met in the middle.  (Note to self: This seems to be the best way of mixing the colors for a shadow palette!)

When it came time to find images to make a mood board based on the various shades of red and grey, I had a hard time finding images in interior magazines. After switching over to Gourmet Traveler, I had a wealth of images to choose from. I realized these colors occur naturally in food... bright red tomatoes, subtler shades of red in olives, sparkly grey fish scales. So while these colors may be too heavy for the interiors of a home, I think they'd work quite well in the interior of a Italian wine bar serving antipasto, or even a Chinese restaurant serving up dumplings and crackling rice!

No comments: