Monday, August 19, 2013

Alfresco Emporium


First published Jan 18, 2012
Alfresco Emporium
1021 Pittwater Road, Collaroy, NSW (Sydney's Northern Beaches)
Having had past this store on Pittwater Road a few times, I had assumed it was a large, generic store. Pretty striped cushions in the window made me reconsider my assumption. Stopping to explore one day, I didn't know what to do first... gape at the gorgeous flowers in the flower shop, have a coffee in the cafe or peruse the homewares in the large shop? I took a breath, calmed myself down and took a look around! The large homewares section has all kinds of fabulous items for making a house a home... from the striped cushions and other patio pleasures, to china and glassware, home scents, a baking/cooking section, a fun corner for children's gifts. As well, there are cards, wrapping paper and ribbon... making this a one stop shop for a lovely gift.
That is... if you manage to make your way past the flower section. Pots of tropical plants, succulents and other greenery are on sale, as are made up bouquets of flowers. If you don't see anything you like, you can also have a bouquet made to order. Which is what I did... and had a lovely coffee in the cafe while I was waiting. They also have high-tea Tuesday's... which I will have to keep in mind!
So the next time you are driving down Pittwater Road through Collaroy, don't drive by... stop in and explore. (Half a block down the road from The Upper Crust.)
www.alfrescoemporium.com.au

No comments: