Monday, August 26, 2013

Mixing Complementary Colors


 
First published Dec 11, 2012
 
Ah... so that's where the browns have gone! Up to this point, all the colors I have been mixing have been creating other pretty colors. For the first complementary color mix, I've used yellow and purple. Since reaching this stage, I have located the browns! There are some nice strong ones in the mix. Also... nice mustard and plum colors as well. When tinting those colors (adding white), there are some very pretty pastels that remind me of food... butter, caramel, soft pink frosting. Who knew I would get so immersed in color - too many years of black and white!

The next course is starting in Feb, but I have to take a bridging course in the meantime to bring me up to speed. I've yet to receive the course notes, but getting a jump on all the work that needs to be done! One assignment is to create two complementary color palettes and use these colors to paint your own artwork. The painting I can do... will just have to see about the artwork!

No comments: