Monday, August 26, 2013

A Change of Course

 


First published Feb 15, 2013

When I started the intro to Colour and Design back in October, it was this blissful journey of painting and reflection. Everyone in the class looked forward to Fridays as that was our time to shine!
Then came the bridging course. The catch up course that would enable me to enroll in the interior styling course in Feb. 5 weeks to cover ground they recommend taking 6 months to do. I whizzed through the assignments, wishing I had time to appreciate them.  There is still an assignment outstanding which I've not even had a chance to look at yet.

I started the fast track interior styling course last week and it has been a bit of a nightmare.  Granted, there was a wedding, moving and looking out for an invalid father in there, but still... I was not enjoying myself. It felt a lot like, well, work. Going to the second class yesterday, I was already behind in the work. However, in the class, I clued in that I didn't need to break my back to get through the course. Come on... it's not rocket science... what's the rush?!  I could switch over to the Friday class and work at a slower pace... 1 chapter a week instead of 2. After all, isn't this supposed to be fun? I want to take time to absorb it and really understand it instead of plowing through and presenting half finished work.  It pays to listen to that inner niggle, and adjust life accordingly. Doing my the work today, I am back to enjoying the process!

Enough about me!

I wanted to add that I plan to make some updates to this site.  In doing so, I'll be retiring some of the school blog posts as they aren't all that professional!!  I think I will save to book format... preserve the memories!

That's it from me for now... enjoy your weekend!

No comments: