Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week Nine/Ten

First published Dec 4, 2012

Wow... week 10... where did the time go? One day I had no idea what the Color and Design program was; then next day I've finished the course... or so it seemed. I signed up for the brand new intro course not knowing where it would take me. The course was lovely and cruisey; painting and chatting about art and design. I didn't want it to end. I soon discovered that a bridging course was being written, and that would bridge over into a foundation course that starts in February next year. It all sounded so lovely and glowy that I signed up!

Then we were given our final assignment... to research a design period, create a presentation board and give a five minute talk on it.  The last two weeks of the course I spent intensely researching and finishing up projects.  I started to wonder what I had gotten myself into!  Sure enough; I've received the outline for the bridging course and it appears to be twice the amount of work in half the time as my previous course.  Guess I had better get my skates on then!

So this isn't goodbye to my art/design posts.... merely closing the page on the first chapter and on to the next!



The Arts and Crafts movement was a response to the industrialization period in England.  There was a movement away from mass production and focus was turned to quality handcrafted products.  (There's more, but you will just have to listen to my speech!)

No comments: