Friday, July 26, 2013

Peach Pleasure






First published Aug 24, 2011

Peach Pleasure

I think this recipe is from an Glamour magazine circa 2000.  I recall making it way back then and it being really yummy.  I wondered if time had glossed the memory, so I made it again yesterday.  Nope... still tasty!  How can it not be with all that butter!?

Ingredients
1 stick, chilled, unsalted butter plus extra for greasing the pan
3 1/2 cups peeled, sliced peaches* (other frozen fruit works as well)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
Whipped cream (to serve)

Heat oven to 375F (190C).
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
Cut cold butter into cubes and cut into the flour mixture until mixture is crumbly (but not greasy).
Thoroughly butter an 8x8 baking pan.
Place peach slices in the pan.
Spoon flour/butter mixture over top of the peach slices.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until juices are bubbly and topping is browned.
Serves 4 - don't forget the whipped cream!

*For this recipe, I peeled and sliced fresh peaches, then froze them before using them. I think it keeps them from going mushy in the cooking process.

No comments: