Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mission Hill


Mission Hill - Kelowna, BC, July 2005
I love film! I found a brilliant book; The Photographic Eye (Learning to See with a Camera) Michael O'Brien and Norman Sibley. In it, it speaks about Point of Departure - f/16 @ 1/125. Using a black and white film with ISO 125 such as Kodak Plus-X (as I used here... loved it!) on a bright, sunny day - it allows you to produce technically successful photographs. Thus freeing you up to concentrate on learning how to "see" with a camera. I'll post more tips from this fantastic book soon... I'll bet you can't hardly wait ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to Mission Hill, a beautiful place. The book sounds great - why don't you photograph all the pages, then post them, so we can all read them? You could probably get a spy camera off ebay to really feel the part.

DV said...

Jackson... that's a curious name you have... is "on" really your middle name? you must have peculiar parents. well, i don't want to scan the pages of my book, as that would be a copyright infringement. (however, i have no problems with writing the text verbatim.)