Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cuppa

Here's to 6 years!!
Wow! 'Time flies when you're having fun'... or maybe it's more a case of 'life is what happens while you're making other plans'. At any rate, I've now been working from home for 6 years. It certainly has had it's trying times... house construction for two years, followed by road works - I think the road outside my house was ripped up a total number of 8 times! However, the good certainly outweighs the bad. I'm not a morning person, so I can start the day in my pjs if I want. I don't have to put on a good face for colleagues! I can work surrounded by my own things. I've worked in a number of depressing offices... beige carpets with even beige-er walls!! I even worked in an old tanning studio that was converted into office space. Nothing kills your creative instincts more than hospital green walls and no windows to the outside.

So it's six years since I've worked from home, designing swimming pools. I get to work quietly with no odd collegues breathing down my back and microwaving stinky lunches! For a change, I do get to travel to various pool projects around BC. And sometimes in the afternoon, when the sun is shining through my south-facing windows... I am inspired to do a mini-photo shoot with food, flowers or some funky object. Or have an afternoon tea party for one. How fun is that!?

2 comments:

DV said...

Certainly pushes you to work hard to ensure future afternoon tea parties ;)

michelle b @ every little thing inspired said...

a great way to pass 6 years!! do you get to do any swimming too??? a beautiful perk, if yes!