Monday, March 29, 2010

New York - Holga




New York - January/10 - I had read about Holga cameras in a few places... and thought it looked like fun, a chance to view the world in a different way. A $30 toy camera that uses medium format film. I thought New York would be a great place to try out the new camera... though I should have practiced with it before I left. This cheap camera leaves a lot of room for error... back falling off, button for Bulb/Normal setting easily bumped, foam for holding film tight can come loose, forgetting to take the lens cap off, not having it on the right setting: Sunlight vs. Cloud. All of these things can and did happen on my first roll of color film. These are the only two shots that turned out. The rest are a mess of light leaks, unexposed film, messy film due to foam being rolled up inside.

No comments: